The Application Process
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.” – Lao Tzu
- Applicants must read The Web That Has No Weaver by Ted Kaptchuk and Between Heaven and Earth by Harriet Beinfeld & Efram Korngold. You will not be called for an interview until you have completed them. If you are in the process of reading these, state this on the application and then notify the Recruiting Director when you have finished so an interview can be scheduled.
A completed application consists of:
- Completed application form and fee payment: $50.00 ($100.00 for late applicants, transfer students or international students)
- A recent passport size photo
- Current resume or CV
- Copy of your driver’s license or birth certificate
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly to CSTCM admissions office
- Certified transcripts sent to CSTCM from all the schools previously attended
- Demonstration of English proficiency, where required
- Certified credential evaluation, where required
- Doctor’s statement
- Please write two essays addressing the following:
1) Part 1: 1 page, telling us about yourself, how you became interested in Classical Chinese Medicine (CCM) and its’ clinical application with reasons for applying to CSTCM and specializing in the field of CCM.
2) Part 2: 2-4 pages, please write an essay on Qi and/or Yin Yang and/or Five Elements theory using the APA style of writing
* the details of APA Style can be found at https://apastyle.apa.org/
No application will be processed until the required documents have been received. After all application materials have been received, the admissions committee will review the application. Applicants considered eligible for entry into the CSTCM program will be notified to schedule an in-person interview.
Out-of-state applicants may be interviewed by telephone, but it is advised that they come for a visit to the school. Applicants will be notified by letter within 30 days after the interview of the schools’ decision.
Upon acceptance to the program, full-time applicants are required to submit a refundable tuition deposit of $300 for full-time or $175 for part-time within 30 days to secure their place in the incoming class. After CSTCM receives the deposit, accepted applicants will receive any material pertaining to the upcoming class (schedule, required book list, date and times of orientation, etc.).
The schedule of classes for any given trimester is available at the Administration Office approximately 6 weeks before the first day of classes. After the schedule is out, an appointment must be made with the Registrar to register for courses.
Orientation is held at the school on Friday preceding the first week of classes. All incoming new students must attend Orientation.
Instructions for Filling out the Application and Submitting Paperwork
- Please read and understand all application instructions before you begin.
- The application is now online. Click here to navigate to the online application
- Once you have completed the application, you will be contacted for an acceptance interview.
- For questions about the application or process, please contact office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-329-6355 x21.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application – All areas of the application must be filled out (with the exception of the Ethnic Background which is optional) if an area does not apply to you then please select None or write ‘N/A’.
Letters of Recommendations – Letters of recommendation must be the originals, contain contact information and they must be submitted directly from the recommending individual. Provide at least two email addresses of your supporting contacts within the online application.
Certified Transcripts – These must be mailed directly to us or by secure email from each colleges & university previously attended.
Doctors Statement – Click here to download the CSTCM preferred form for your doctor to fill out, or your doctor may use their own letterhead. Applicants may upload their doctors statement from within their online application portal. The following licensed practitioners may provide a wellness statement: western medical doctor, acupuncturist, chiropractor, OB/GYN, nurse practitioner or naturopathic doctor. The hard-copy original containing the doctor’s signature must be returned to CSTCM. All areas must be filled out completely.
The following documents may be emailed to the Recruiting Director:
Photo or selfie
Copy of Driver’s License
Passport Size Photograph – Please upload a recent passport size photo of yourself to the application. This is in addition to your driver’s license.
Educational History – List all colleges and universities you have attended. If you run out of space please note the additional schools on a separate sheet of paper and submit it to the admissions office.
Professional History – Do not write ‘See Resume’ please list your most recent jobs; up to four.
Have you read – The Web That Has No Weaver and Between Heaven and Earth? If you are in the process of reading these still, please mark the box ‘In Process’ and then notify the admissions office when you have finished. It is preferred you complete these two books prior to your interview.
Signature Line – After completing the application please remember to sign it. Use the electronic signature field near the bottom of the application
Phone Interview – If you need to interview by phone please note this under the signature line, and contact the Admissions team or dial 303-329-6355 x21.
CSTCM Online Application
Mail any additional application items to our Recruiting Director:
ATTN: Timothy Farad / CSTCM
1441 York St Suite 302
Denver, CO, 80206
For any questions please contact Timothy Farad
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone 303-329-6355 x21